The saying is true – Ask and You shall receive ” I asked for a Samsung Tablet for Christmas (BlogMas Day#1) and as the universe would have it ,my prayers were answered and I received a new tablet- Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite.
I saw this tablet floating around YouTube while I was searching for the perfect alternative to using my phone solely for blogging. The reviews were great and as a new user I’m pretty siked about learning as much as I can. I was gifted some cash over the holidays and I decided to purchase this tablet with a few accessories, go big or go home. This was a gift on someone else’s budget.
I ordered my Samsung S6Lite 10.4″ 128GB on Amazon for $395.00 . The tablet has three color options , pink,blue and dark gray. I opted for the Dark Gray. Pink is cute but too girly for my taste. I also bought a Fintie case and Keyboard for my new tablet.
The Big Reveal
When I opened the box I was thrilled that I not only received the tablet purchased but I also got a book cover; how cool is that.
About the Tablet:
I’m not a tech guru however here are my thoughts :
1. The Screen Size: This tablet size (10.4″)is a big upgrade from using my cellphone . The screen is a much-needed break from my phone. Watching Netflix and Youtube is fun. Writing on my blog is easier because I can use both hands while I type.
2. The Stylus: The stylus is included in the package. The stylus can be pretty expensive, they can cost you as much as $64.00.The stylus is a backup for typing as you can write on the screen and then it’s translated to text. The stylus is a good addition for persons that are into drawing and lettering, something that I’m interested in learning.
3. Battery life : The battery can give you 18 hours on one charge longer if I’m not watching Netflix.This is good especially when you have a myriad of things doing.
4. Entertainment Value: I can binge all of my favorite Netflix movies. The sound quality and resolution are decent. This is also a step up from my small phone screen.
5. Picture Quality: Since working from home I have been doing more online meetings as well as homeschooling.The quality of the videos are clear we tested it out and the feedback was great. The rear camera has 8MP with the front camera 5MP. The auto focus is sharp.
6. The Tablet is light: This tablet fits perfectly in my handbag, I can take it on the go. I like to take it to the beach where I often like to unwind and relax. This is the perfect travel buddy. I can also catch up on my blog, reading and do research.
7. The storage space: I can store all my content with the 128GB internal memory with the possibility to increase up to 1TB. I love options and I’m happy I will be able to add more memory if needed. I know very well that space can be eaten up in no time.
8. The Color Options : This tablet caters to your style and offers three different colors Chiffon Pink, Angora Blue and Oxford Gray.
9. The Case: The sleek case that was given with the tablet adds its personal touch it’s stylish yet convenient. The S Pen has a compartment so you won’t have to worry about misplacing it. They’re several other options available for purchase.
10. 4 Months of Ad Free Youtube: This was an offer that was included with the tablet. I could watch uninterrupted videos all day long.
I bought a Fintie Keyboard on Amazon and I love it. The keyboard is light and the keys feels good under my fingers as I type. The support for the tablet is super and there is also a holder for my spen so it won’t get lost.
I don’t have any particular con with this tablet.
I’m happy with my gift and can’t wait to learn all the tricks and tips. This tablet is also going to help me manage all my content on social media.
Thanks for Reading!
Until Next Post