This time of the year is great and not so great for people with allergies and sinusitis. It’s even worse with the onset of Covid 19 you wouldn’t want to be in public sneezing. The looks alone will make you want to sink into the ground.
I was not always like this but I guess with age and the environment ♻️ things happened. I’ve tried my best to stay away from things that triggers my allergies and when it gets out of control here’s how I remedy the situation:
1. Hot baths are a lifesaver -staying in the shower a little longer clears up my nostrils and I can now breathe a sigh of relief.
2. Get comfy – I always ensure that I have on a pair of socks, comfy pajamas, and my favorite blanket around. Layer your clothing when you’re going out.
3. Garlic Tea – bless the ancestors this remedy has many healing properties. Garlic tea helps to clear the mucus. I’d recommend travel with mints or have your travel-size toiletries with you. We sure don’t want to move around with garlic breath. Wearing a mask doesn’t help either.
4. Find your Trigger- Stay away from Dairy- Dairy products are a trigger sadly, I love my pasta, I love my milk and cookies but if I want to be whole and not sneezing like crazy 24/7 I better cut off or lay low on the dairy products. It’s important to find your trigger. Almond milk is a good substitute.
5. Antihistamine– I am not a big fan of popping pills but on last resort I take some histal tablets- they’re drowsy but does the trick. I’d also caution you to check with your doctor before you start taking any form of medication.
Do you suffer with allergies? What kind of remedy to you take to minimize the effects?
Until Next Post